LFS-2.3.6 released

John Phillips lfs at linux.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 03:05:26 PDT 2000

Gerard Beekmans wrote

> Since we started this thread I might as well oficially announce
> LFS-2.3.6.

There are a few things to observe about the 2.3.6 boot-up scripts.
Here are some of my comments:

loadkeys
========
This is the only boot-up script that now needs manual configuration.

May I suggest the creation of /etc/sysconfig/keyap which can be set
up (for my system, anyway) with:

    echo "KEYMAP=i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz" > /etc/sysconfig/keymap

Then add this line to loadkeys:

    source /etc/sysconfig/keymap

And change the actual loadkeys command in the loadkeys script to:

    /usr/bin/loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/$KEYMAP >/dev/null

rc
==
The bug has already been mentioned.

sendsignals
There is one remaining ". <file>" command here to be changed to "source
<file>" (to be consistent).

John Phillips           john at linux.demon.co.uk