Crontab

Simon Perreault nomis80 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 09:51:02 PDT 2000

> We have been discussing that. Opinions differ on it. I say cron isn't
> part of a basic system. Others say it is. It's one of these user
> preferences. I try to keep the system build using the book as bare as
> possible yet still a full development system.

The question should be: will EVERYONE need that at least once? The answer is
clearly no with cron. I don't use cron. The earlier debate about perl is
clearly YES. Everyone needs perl once. I tried not to install perl. It's
impossible. There's always something that needs perl. So, since you're gonna
need it along the way, you'd better install it the right way, the LFS way.