LFS-2.3.6 released

Lucas Nelson lucas at access.com.au
Wed Jul 19 19:18:42 PDT 2000

Gerard,

Just started going through the 2.3.6 process. It's not really a big thing,
but the sizes for the GNU packages in chapter 3 seem to be all slightly
off. Definitely for bash, diffutils, fileutils, gcc and kernel at least.

I was looking at the file size using 'ls -l' in my current 2.3.5b system,
and using the Solaris 7 ftp to the main gnu ftp site (and the Oz mirror).
It feels like I must be looking at it wrong, but I cannot work it out?

For example:

bash - 1,708,138 bytes (from LFS 2.3.6)
-r--r--r--   1 mirror   mirror    1708806 Mar 21 06:04 bash-2.04.tar.gz
(from mirror.aarnet.edu.au)

Lucas.