bugs/thoughts/questions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 19 09:53:05 PDT 2000

> 3) Shouldn't generic manpages be installed? I think that they're essential.
> The quality and ease of use of the documentation is a strong point for
> linux. I'm talking about the manpages found at
> ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/home/mirror/linux/docs/manpages.

Downloaded it. I have to sort it out though (i still have time to do
that today before 2.3.6 is released). There are files in man1 for
programs from fileutils and such. Those man pages are already installed
so we don't want to overwrite them with possible older versions from the
man-pages package. I guess a manual cp of man1/* and man8/* files and
just copy the files LFS doens't have yet.

Consider it added.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org