perl, automake, autoconf

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 18 18:48:26 PDT 2000

Ok, I guess you guys speak for the majority. I too don't like seeing
"missing autoconf/automake" stuff in configure scripts. Oh and I just
found a good reason to keep them:

when applying the console-tools patch the following are executed to
rebuild a few files that were modified by the patch:

root:/usr/src/console-tools-0.2.3# make
cd . && aclocal
cd . && automake --foreign Makefile
cd . && autoconf

So that's reason enough to keep autoconf and automake around, eh?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org