Nice MS bug

Klas Lindfors nv98klali at it-gymnasiet.nu
Tue Jul 18 14:36:41 PDT 2000

<snipped message about windows crashing>

it is all due to not un-inmplemented devices in windows, still there since
dos, trying to run c:\nul\nul will similarily crash windows ( I believe
recent security patches from MS address the problem, though, the simple
fact that they didn't know about it until somebody tested it says a bit to
much... I have heard, not felt like testing it myself, that you will be
able to crash a windows with just a link to a device, or crashing a windows
based ftp server trying to reach devices, though, as I said, not tested
those myself.

Klas Lindfors