Glibc (another problem)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 18 14:24:54 PDT 2000

> I just finished a glibc compilation myself and it worked fine. I'll try
> installing gcc locally and use that one to see if it makes a difference
> somehow, although I can't imagine it. The commands just look ok.
>
> I'll get back to you on this one.

Worked out just fine. I installed a gcc in /usr/local/gcc2952 and used
the /usr/local/gcc2952/bin/gcc compiler to compile Glibc, by the book.

Perhaps you could look into checking if make on your normal system is
up-to-date and if not replace it with the 3.79.1 version
(ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make/).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org