Sysklogd and timezone problems.

Andy Peeters andy.peeters at advalvas.be
Tue Jul 18 11:25:50 PDT 2000

Finally, I have my LFS system working, but there are still 2 problems to
fix.

1) Sysklogd.
When I boot LFS and the sysklogd script is executed, I get the following
error message:
"sysklogd: cannot create /dev/log: invalid argument"
However, the script returns "OK". I don't understand the problem here.

2) Timezone.
I created the link "localtime" to the correct timezone "Europe/Brussels".
The system thinks that
the system time is the GMT time but it is not. Does someone knows how I set
the localtime correct, without changing the hardware clock.

Thanks.
Greetings, Andy.