your mail

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 16 21:10:03 PDT 2000

> 1)
> I can not compile the portmapper, i need to mount NFS-Vols
> it looks like a problem with the glibc (2.1.3):
> i get muliple warnings due to a incompatible pointer type in
> 'svc_sendreply' in portmap.c which, but the first warning was :

That's a known problem. Not sure if a proper fix was ever found, but you
might want to browse www.pcrdallas.com/docs/lfs-hints

> 2)
> I can't use xfig: it compiles well, but when i start it and klick on a
> button it segfaults. I use Xfree86 4.0.1 and Xaw3d 7.

Probably due to binutils version installed. Try installing the 2.10
version. Also, Xfree 4.x isn't declared stable yet. They recommend
switching back to the latest 3.3.x version if you have any problems
whatsoever.

> 3)
> sendmail queues the mails, no matter if i am online or not. i do have to
> make a 'sendmail -q' do send the mails (normally in ip-up). The
> sendmail.cf-file is in the attachment.

Please send this to the lfs-config list. I'll help you there.

Btw, please gzip or bzip2 and attach the file rather than pasting it in
an email. It's hard to 'diff' your file against my file and do other
operations on it when I have to first copy the text into a file first.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org