gcc -O flags (was GLIBC Coredump)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 14 17:36:44 PDT 2000

> glibc seems to fail compiling with -O3 (I'm not ready with -O2 yet) but
> how is it with other packages? Are there any more packages that will fail
> to compile, or worse, compile but fail to work, when using -O2 or -O3 then
> I would be glad to hear about it. Or should I just give up and use just -O
> all the time?

Personally I had no problems at all using -O3 and others like -mcpu and
-march on Glibc and all the other packages. A few packages in the book
don't use it because the hassle of editing the Makefile file is too big
a hassle for what it's worth. But I did confirm that those packages do
compile fine (on my machine that is)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org