console-tools-patch doesn't work

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 14 13:30:38 PDT 2000

> Interesting.  I have gettext installed in the default /usr location.  Maybe
> that has something to do with it.  It really shouldn't make a difference
> though as the patches are to the configure.in and makefile.in primarily.

I think I found the problem:

the variable AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST appears in
/usr/gettext/share/aclocal/ files. aclocal tries to find the files in
/usr/share/aclocal.

Let me create a couple of symlinks from /usr/gettext/share/aclocal to
/usr/share/aclocal...

*bingo*

It's working.

I knew I messed things up somewhere (well not really messed up, but it
was my fault in the end).

Ok, now that this works let's add the patch to the book and upload the
patch to www.linuxfromscratch.org/download (the patch won't be there
yet. It'll be uploaded together with the book next week).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org