I'm a bit behind on schedule

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 14 13:00:46 PDT 2000

Hi guys,

Instead of releasing the book on coming Tuesday it probably will be next
thursday. Partially because I didn't anticipate that I needed 7.5 hours
to finish the layout changes (I had to rewrite chunks of SGML code in
aprox. 300 different SGML files and automating changes weren't always
possible (since I had to split up one file into two new files and then
copy and paste parts from the old file to the new file and then remove
parts from the old file and change SGML code in the old file and new
files). And partially becuase things came up this weekend (familiy
stuff) and I won't be able to go near my computer all that much. The
book itself is more or less done but I can't release without building an
LFS system first to make sure the commands and text are ok. I won't be
able to finish this tonight so I'll have to continue this on Monday. Then
I can release it on Tuesday, give mirrors some time to synchronize and
then open the url's to the public.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org