console-tools-patch doesn't work

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 14 11:22:35 PDT 2000

> Why did you do:
>
> make
> cd . && aclocal

I did the 'make'.
cd . && aclocal was done by make, so I guess it's in the Makefile
somewhere.

> tar xvzf console-tools-0.2.3.tar.gz
> cd console-tools-0.2.3
> patch -p1 < ../console-tools-0.2.3.patch
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make -e
> make install

Which I did.

> This is the only way I made it and tested it.  It probably requires
> autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4 (and perl and m4 of course).

my autoconf and automake are the same versions (2.13 and 1.4) and
perl and m4 are the same as the LFS book suggests to use.

when I execute 'make' on an unpatched console-tools tree it doesn't
execute the aclocal script.

I'm at a loss, but I'll try to work it out. Perhaps I did mess something
up here. I'll be building a new LFS on Monday anyways (to test the book)
so I'll test the patch on that one.

The problem (AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST) seems to be gettext related. I do
have it installed but perhaps it's choking on it because it's not in
/usr/bin  or /usr/local/bin (but /usr/gettext/bin although
/usr/gettext/bin is in the $PATH var, so it should be able to find it).

I'll keep you updated.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org