console-tools-patch doesn't work

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Fri Jul 14 10:30:37 PDT 2000

I believe I did.  I have used the patch half a dozen times - every time I do
a system build - not once have I had an error.

Why did you do:

make
cd . && aclocal

?

As far as I can tell you should be doing:

tar xvzf console-tools-0.2.3.tar.gz
cd console-tools-0.2.3
patch -p1 < ../console-tools-0.2.3.patch
./configure --prefix=/usr
make -e
make install

This is the only way I made it and tested it.  It probably requires
autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4 (and perl and m4 of course).

Tom  Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net