lfs version 2.2

chris bernick chrisbernick at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 08:05:00 PDT 2000

hey there...

LFS - very cool project been looking for something
like this...  anyway...

I've run through the beginning of 2.2 up to the
'testing the system' part.  Upon rebooting into LFS, I
get 'kernel panic' It's unable to mount the
filesystem.  I appologize for the lack of a verbatim
error message, but I've since blown away that
partition in the interest of starting over.  It was
something like:

kernel panic: unable to mount root filesystem 00:00

I'm using my preexisting RedHat 6.1 install to go
through all this.

Questions:
What's up?
Is this possibly accounted for in the current 2.3.5b?

The 'testing' part of 2.3.5b is much further off, so I
figured I'd ask this now lest it just happen again
after much more work.

thanks