New versions...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 13 18:55:56 PDT 2000

> Linux Kernel (2.2.16) - important security bugfix

already updated.

> Binutils (2.10) - what about changing the download location to

ditto

> ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils ?

yup

> Bzip2 (1.0.1)

already done

> Make (3.79.1)

I'm way ahead of you ;)

> Ncurses (5.1)
> Less (358)

These I have to download and test.

> Lilo (21.4.4)

got it

> Modutils (2.3.12)

have to test it to. I just donwloaded the 2.3.11 version not more than a
week ago...oh well, i'll download it again then

> Vim-rt + Vim-src (5.7)
> Net-tools (1.57)

got them too

> Just to inform all of you up-to-daters out there and Gerard of course to try
> these packages out. I tested all of them except ncurses yet and everything
> works fine for me.

You don't have to explicitly update me about things. Before a book is
released I always search for the latest ones (I was going to do this
tomorrow anyways since tomorrow is the 'book freeze'. Way too cool book
coming up again ;). So the book will contain the latest packages as of
tomorrow (july 14th).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org