Current TODO list + changelog

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 13 18:53:06 PDT 2000

> remarks how it hit me
> 1. I could not get it to compile static

That's ok. I don't plan on compiling it static (it's not needed at that
point yet).

> 2. needs gcc, install, bison, nm, libtool

I'm not that far yet, but right after bison would be a good place I
suppose.

> -. do it as early as possible
> 3. some packages which support nls stuff have older versions of it
> 4. hints on use
> -. big packages are faster compiling without nls, gettext, catgets
> -. and afterwards change the .po files to .(g)mo files by gettext prog
> -. people using nls should read the .po file first for the translation
> -. sometimes there are big holes or wrong translations

The actual usage (po, (g)mo stuff) is up to the reader. I just have them
install it, tell them what it contains and what it is for and the rest
is up to them.

Which reminds me. I have to write a description for gettext...

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org