sysvinit and boot scripts

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Tue Jul 11 17:23:12 PDT 2000

Just curious, why did you end up putting init.d, rc[0-6].d, and rcS.d
under /etc? I changed it and put all of these under /etc/rc.d . It
just made a little more sense to me. Of course, I had to change some
of the scripts to have the correct paths when I did this, but overall
I like it better this way.

Keeps all the stuff under /etc in better order and keeps all your
boot stuff in its own little pocket /etc/rc.d . Good for backups
too..! Backup those boot scripts! ;-)

--
Regards,
J.A. Neitzel