x86 problems

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 10 09:50:44 PDT 2000

> HJ works with me at VA Linux Systems. Perhaps I should ask him about the
> current state of bin86? It might be good if someone could summarize what
> we think the gist of our problems are. No promises, but I can see if he
> has any insights.

It just seems that the bin86 version mentioned in the 2.3.5b book is too
old to be used for lilo. Apparently there is a much newer version
available which does work fine. I'm going to check this out for 2.3.7 at
the earliest. 2.3.6 will contain linux86 again, since that one is
guaranteed to work. That gives me some time to decide and test wether to
use the most recent bin86 or dev86src (the former linux-86)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org