errors on login after reboot

Walter H. Trent "Muad'Dib" walter at trent.net
Mon Jul 10 08:34:50 PDT 2000

Thanks...  that was half my problem;  I also had typed all the lines for
thanks to an ugly font.....   So those two things got rid of most of my
errors; I can now log in with the 2.2 kernel, but not with the 2.4 (i get
absolutely nothing after password)...  but i'm still getting a couple other
errors i'd like to figure out before going on to X4.0/Nvidia driver hell....

ps. i'm not asking for help on the kernel thing; i know 2.4's not supported
yet, so if i can't figure it out myself, i'll just stick with the 2.2.14

Thanks again everybody!

INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
stty: invalid argument 'onclr'
Try 'stty --help' for more information.
Starting system log daemon...start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/bin/syslogd: No
such file or
directory
/etc/rc3.d/S03sysklogd: evaluate_retval: command not found
Starting kernel log daemon...                               [ OK ]D]

wht login: root
Password:
No mail.
login[47]: ROOT LOGIN on '/dev/tty1'

Bash-2.04#

--

    Walter H. Trent  "Muad'Dib"
    Padishah Emperor of the Known Universe, IMHO
    walter at trent.net
    hAIL tHE fISH