Little correction ?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 9 12:53:01 PDT 2000

> Hi,
>
> When browsing across our favourite reading ( Thank you again Gerard :) ), I
> found
> a little mistake in the section where we re-install fileutils :
>
> root:bin# mv chgrp chmod chown cp dd df ln /bin
>
> root:bin# mv ls mkdir mknod mv rmdir sync /bin
>
>                             ^^
>
> root:bin# cp mv /bin; rm mv
>
> The last line could be removed.

Actually 'mv' must be removed from the
"mv mkdir mknod mv rmdir sync /bin" command

It might work just fine, moving the program to a different location
while you're running that program, but ocassionally it can cause
problems for some reason (that's why when we're moving /usr/bin/bash to
/bin we exit chroot, move the binary and re-enter chroot).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org