BASH PROBLEMS...AHHHH...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 9 12:45:56 PDT 2000

> Hendrix wrote:
> >
> > I am in the 'chroot'ed' environment, and I get the following error
> > whenever I try to 'make -e' Bash 2.04...  Please Help...   I'm getting
> > really excited because of my success thus far...*s*
>
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltermcap
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [bash] Error 1
>
> Try
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-curses

I believe that should be --with-ncurses. libcurses and libncurses aren't
the same libraries.

Hendrix, did you install Libncurses on LFS? Normally Bash should detect
it (and if it doens't detect ncurses or curses, it tries to find
termcap. If it can't find termcap, it'll start complaining.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org