glibc question

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 9 12:43:51 PDT 2000

> My LFS partition is not big enough to hold glibc for compilation and
> installation.  Do I need to make any configuration changes to glibc if I
> compile it in my Debian partition?  I don't want to damage Debian, at
> least not

It actually doesn't matter at all on which partition you compile
packages on. As long as the 'make install' command contains the proper
values to the LFS partition (in case of Glibc it means compile wherever
you want to compile it, just make sure you pass install_root=$LFS to
'make install' (so make install_root=$LFS install or make install
install_root=$LFS' (the order doesn't matter)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org