binutils version

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 7 13:26:29 PDT 2000

> Rebuild your entire system with it and see how things work.  Any
> segmentation faults and core dumps?  That is the problem I had with the
> 2.9.5.x.x series.
>
> I have rebuilt my entire system with binutils-2.10 and all is well.

That's simply, for some reason, not an option for me. I never had
problems with binutils. 2.5.5.0.37 and .46 both worked fine and no
application core dumped while using the applications from that package,
so that's why am I'm asking the people who had problems if they can test
2.10 and see if it works better. You're one who had problems and they
were solved with 2.10 (at least that's why I understand from it. You did
had problems right?) and I'm hoping more people can comment on it.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org