Possible change for e2fsprogs ...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 6 13:04:00 PDT 2000

> Hi,
>     Ive been looking around for a solution to my problem when compiling e2fsprogs1.18 ... where i got the error "subscripted value is neither array nor pointer" ... it is possibly caused by using 2.3 / 2.4 kernel source ... and there is a fix at Theo's new site http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2406  and the file is at http://download.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.19-WIP.tar.gz

is e2fsprogs declared stable or is still in beta? If e2fsprogs-1.19 is
stable, it of course will be used. If not, then we'll stick wtih 1.18
for now (which is reasonable since the 2.4 kernel isn't stable yet
anyways. The book is based on stable software. When the 2.4 kernel is
out then there is no choice but to use the 1.19 version of e2fsprogs)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org