Bash and Ncurses - suggestion for LFS on multi-partitions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 6 12:57:00 PDT 2000

> I only changed the "./configure [options]" line. Any thoughts on this?

You've joined a few days late. We actually have been discussing this
very topic during the last few days and are more or less done. The
general consensus is that we all agree that libncurses's libdir should
be set to /lib (or link bash statically but I don't really like that and
more people agree).

Unfortunately the server admin left a little while ago to go on holiday
and therefore the mailinglist archive isn't up-to-date (last message is
has dates june 22nd). You probably will read the tail of this thread as
the last people give their $0.02 but the final outcome is that we agree
with your suggestion.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org