Package Management

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Thu Jul 6 11:35:35 PDT 2000

There is one BIG advantage to a package management system.

Suppose you compile something that blows away another file that you realize
you were better off keeping (new version of X for instance - or pick a
file - /sbin/sln).

You can use the package management system to remove ALL the files and
replace the old package without a problem.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net