Finshed... but probs... Please help me...

SamBC sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 05:48:42 PDT 2000

<SNIP>

> >So - replace /bin/bash with the static bash from the bootstrap (pre
> >chroot)
> >lfs, then try again.
>
> Nononono... what good is that? in 2.3.5b, Bash is linked to Ncurses and
> these libraries are installed in /usr/lib, which does NOT help when you
> can't run a bash script to mount the damn think, so i say to everyone to
> just 'mv /usr/lib/lib*curses* /lib; ldconfig' (talking using multiple
> partitions here.. /, /usr, etc)

That is the other way of doing it... but if bash is linked *statically* to
ncurses, then you don't have to worry about the location of the libraries.
Same for any other library being used

> >BTW, Gerard, I really think you should consider *not* supporting
> >dynamically
> >linked bash because of this. Everything speaks for multiple file systems
> >instead of just one, and in the case of /usr/lib mounted somewhere else,
> >things can get really bad.
>
> I really don't see the point, if your dynamic libraries are messed so is
> everything else on the system, i just keep my bootable Slack7
> systems around
> if in trouble. (and a .tar.gz'd glibc)
>
> Allthough having a static bash around (/bin/bash1 perhaps) isn't
> all that a
> bad idea, i just don't _really_ see where it comes in handy wheneverything
> else will be messed up :(

It can help you to fix it if you also have a few utility programs around
linked statically (vi, among others)

SamBC
The Movement for simpleLinux	https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleLinux/
	  site soon to be at	http://simplelinux.sourceforge.net