i've made a start

Hendrix tgjp at thezone.net
Mon Jul 3 23:17:04 PDT 2000

A swap partition needs to be different sizes for different purposes...
I usually judge a swap under the following criteria:

1. If you have 8MB of RAM: Swap should be 32MB (4xRAM)...
2. If you have 16MB of RAM: Swap should be 40MB (2.5xRAM)...
3. If you have 32MB of RAM: Swap should be 64MB (2xRAM)...
4. If you have >= 64MB of RAM: Swap should be 64MB...
5. For intense usage and heavy load, 96MB is a good figure...

It is recommended that the current state of GNU/LINUX, dictates swap to
be no bigger than 64MB for average use, otherwise, swap space will be
wasted.   For intense usage, anymore than 96MB will be a waste....

--
Trevor Penney,
A+, Network+ Certified