i've made a start

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 3 15:01:04 PDT 2000

> The rule I was always taught for swap (on any system) was that it should be
> *at least* the same size as your physical memory, and more than double your
> physical memory is unlikely to be used *except* when there are errors, so if
> you like running development software it is worth having lots of swap.

I've heard that too but I don't agree. I have a 256MB RAM machine and I
really don't need 256MB swap. I have a 100MB swap partition (give or
take a few MB's) and it's more way way more than enough. Generally I
don't even use any of my swap. I can run my system without swap if I
have to (but I have it there just in case for some reason I need it).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org