Finshed... but probs...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 3 14:54:35 PDT 2000

> sysklogd and the other log deamon complained about /proc not being mounted

the proc line is good as far as I see (it's identical to mine so it's
ok. does your mountfs script have the line to mount the proc file
system?)

> Unable to switch root tty to /dev/tty1!   (or similar, can't remember)

And "illegal seek" with it, right? It happens when your root file system
is mounted read-only. Check symlink in /etc/rcS.d (and check if the S in
the mountfs script name is an uppercase 'S').

And if that's not enough enter this at LILO:
LILO: lfs init=/bin/bash

then run /etc/init.d/mountfs manually and see if the script itself runs
ok.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org