Some tiny fixes to checkfs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 3 14:45:46 PDT 2000

> I forgot one thing: add a "-n" to the line that echoes "Checking file
> systems..." or something like that.

Actually, no. I'm not going to use the >/dev/null 2>&1 you suggested.
For some programs I do pipe output to /dev/null but in case of fsck I
don't. If my harddisk is messed up I want to know about it as soon as
possible. And the current fsck parameters print a progression bar so you
do want a new line after the message "Checking file systems..."

Of course, it's up to you to change it for yourself, but I'm not
changing this in the book.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org