gcc won't compile/bootstrap error

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Mon Jul 3 08:40:46 PDT 2000

Make bootstrap is a good thing.  It will do a two stage compile (compiles
itself with a newly built compiler and then looks for differences).  I think
you should just skip the -e argument to make.  Also, the binutils-2.9.5.x.x
series is seriously flawed.  I could not even compile emacs 20.6 with it
(rather - it compiled but emacs always segfaults).  I recompiled my entire
system with binutils-2.9.1.0.25 and everything functions as it should - no
segfaults anywhere.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net