Finshed... but probs... Please help me...

Beau Bellamy beau at beaunet.dhs.org
Sun Jul 2 04:39:23 PDT 2000

I just finished all of the steps!  Rebooted!

During bootup into LFS...

sysklogd and the other log deamon complained about /proc not being mounted,
but clearly it's in the fstab file!

# Begin /etc/fstab

/dev/hda6 / ext2 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda7 /home ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda8 none swap sw 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/old ext2 defaults 1 2

# End /etc/fstab

Also, when I try to login as root it gives me an error saying..

"Unable to switch tty to /dev/tty1 for root:  Invalid Seek!"   (or similar,
can't remember)

then throws me back at the login prompt!

Does anyone have Any Ideas on how to fix these problems?

Thanx in advance,
Beau Bellamy (beau at beaunet.dhs.org)