bash static errors

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 1 09:32:31 PDT 2000

> I don't seem to be able to install bash static.  Have tried 2.03
> and 2.04 with and without optimization.  ./configure runs ok, but
> make fails with following error .
>     make[1]: *** [builtext.h] Illegal instruction
>     make[1]: *** Deleting file `builtext.h'
>     make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hda10/usr/src/bash-2.03/builtins'
>     make: ***[builtins/builtext.h] Error 1

This is the first time I've seen that error. I have no idea how to fix
this. Perhaps you better reinstall your development packages on Caldera
and see if it makes a difference (like glibc-dev, kernel-dev and
others). Also, use a non-pre kernel (like 2.2.16) so you're sure it
can't be some kernel glitch.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org