[lfs-chat] Towards a "minimalist newtork"

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sat Jan 21 06:31:22 PST 2017

My definition of a "minimalist network" is exclusively an
enumeration of what physical components. In my case that is two
laptops with electrically compatible Ethernet hardware and one
Cat6 patch. *NO* routers/etc/etc/... .

 From my reading, primarily Wikipedia, I believe what I'm aiming
at would be classed as either PPPoE or PPPoEoE. Although a Debian
Jessie user I have found some LFS documentation very helpful due
its point of view.

With that in mind, I am currently reading
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable-systemd/ (Jessie
uses systemd} and I am searching archives at
https://www.google.com/search?q=ethernet+site:linuxfromscratch.org&domains=linuxfromscratch.org
.

Any further reading suggestions?
TIA