allwinner A20: can it play a full HD movie on a full HD screen?

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl
Thu Feb 13 10:30:31 PST 2014

Hi All,
I have just returned a Rikomagic Quad Core MK802IV because it could not play a full HD movie on a full HD screen without horrible studdering, and flashing of the screen.
Now I'm planning to buy a cubieboard2 with an Allwinner A20 SOC.
I have searched youtube, but I didn't find anyone that played a full HD movie on the A20 while running linux. Does linux have video acceleration support on the A20?
Kind regards, and thanks for the trouble,
Cedric