ldconfig: /usr/lib/ is not a symlink

USM Bish bish at airtelbroadband.in
Sun Oct 29 18:38:26 PST 2006

This isssue,  does not pertain to  any LFS or BLFS  issue. Not
quite sure  where to  post the query,  resorted to  chat list.
Everything goes here !

About a month ago, I tried to install "mono", which failed due
to certain  reasons, which was  tackled by compiling  the last
"stable" release. But then, since  that time, every time I run
ldconfig, I get this message:

root:/home/bish# ldconfig
ldconfig: /usr/lib/ is not a symbolic link
root:/home/bish#

Things are  otherwise working normally, but  the message keeps
on coming up as a sore thumb,  each and every time. I tried to
figure out  the problem but  failed so  far. I have  done some
googling  too,  and came  across  similar  complaints, but  no
definitive explanations nor reasons ...

Anybody with any clue in this regard ?

Bish