anyone knows a FTP monitor?

Carlos Martín carlosmn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 05:11:08 PDT 2006

On 15/10/06, cedric <cedric.dewijs at tiscali.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all, i apologize for my very much off-topic question. I hope however
> there's somebody who can help me on this one.

Nothing is off-topic here :)

> The new versions of software i use and support are on a ftp server. New
> versions are dumped there, but nobody tells me when a new version
> arrives. ;-)

Isnt't there an -announce maillinglist? You should suggest they make one.

> There are a lot of ftp clients out there, but i have not yet found a version
> that lets me see if there's a new version of a file without downloading it
> first.
>
> Has anybody seen such a program?

Debian uses uscan(1) for that. I don't know if it's available for
other distributions, but it shouldn't be too hard to compile.

By default it uses ./debian/watch as the config, but you could write a
wrapper around it so it looks for a different configuration file.

   cmn
--
Carlos Martín Nieto        http://www.cmartin.tk

"¿Cómo voy a decir bobadas si soy mudo?" -- CACHAI