anyone knows a FTP monitor?

John Lockman ultramancool at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 04:47:48 PDT 2006

It would be easy to throw together a simple perl, or even bash script
to go check the current list of files on the ftp server and diff it
against the one it last had. Give it a shot.

On 10/15/06, cedric <cedric.dewijs at tiscali.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all, i apologize for my very much off-topic question. I hope however
> there's somebody who can help me on this one.
>
> The new versions of software i use and support are on a ftp server. New
> versions are dumped there, but nobody tells me when a new version
> arrives. ;-)
>
> There are a lot of ftp clients out there, but i have not yet found a version
> that lets me see if there's a new version of a file without downloading it
> first.
>
> Has anybody seen such a program?
>
> Greetings,
> Cedric
> --

 "People disagree with me. I just ignore them."
                                  -Linus Torvalds
"Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier
than going to the bathroom."
                                  - Martin from compsci.ca forums
Things I found but won't tell you where I got them:
-  "When encryption is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl"

- "Trust No one"