Xgl *-window-decorator

Rainer Peter Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jun 9 05:41:24 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 09:07 +0200, Stef Bon wrote:
> Rainer Peter Feller wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I got it working, but I can't get any -window-decorator
> > I tried with xorg7.0 garnome2.14.2 kde-3.4.1 but I couldn't get compitz
> > to compile a window decorator ... any idea?
> > BTW I use it with xfce-4.2.3.2 and I don't miss the decorator that much,
> > but ... well it would be just nice to see it.
>
> Are you busy trying to setup Xgl? Could you write (in detail) howto do that
> LFS-style? I've been looking around an came to this windows-decorator, but
> what does it do?
>
> How can KDE work with Xgl?
> What are packages like compiz, glitz for?
> What are the dependencies versus optionals????
>
> Stef Bon
Who! I am not that expert, but may be I can help a little bit ...

The any-windows-decorator gives decoration to the windows managed by
compitz. Compitz is some kind of an enhanced window manager, it manages
the windows, moves, resizes, adjusts transparancy and makes them
wobeleing
and I didn't got the decorator to compile yet

CUH Rainer Peter Feller