I've lost my pipe!!!

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 6 07:22:57 PDT 2006

Archaic wrote:
>>On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:18:42PM +0100, Alan Lord wrote:
>> I have configured this Linux build for the first time to use en_GB.UTF-8.
>
> What are the values of:
>
> KEYMAP
> UNICODE
> LEGACY_CHARSET
> BROKEN_COMPOSE

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away for a few days.

Here's my /etc/sysconfig/console

KEYMAP="uk"
FONT="lat1-16"
UNICODE="1"
LEGACY_CHARSET="iso-8859-1"
BROKEN_COMPOSE="0"

> in /etc/sysconfig/console? And did you apply the utf-8 kernel patch?

Yes

I have played with various settings in the console file and, to be
honest, nothing seems to make any difference.

As with the earlier dialogue with Ken, I think this might be more to do
with the fact that we are both using serial (PS/2) keyboards via a KVM
and into the PC using USB...

Thanks for your interest :-) I can't figure it out.

Al