manage an sftp conn

Eduardo Costa Lisboa eduardo.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 07:39:38 PDT 2006

Hi, boys and girls. I have a scritp that should be executed when the
user logs in via SSH. It's a shell script, a simple menu that execs
simple commands.

But if I try to execute it as it's shell (in /etc/passwd) or
auto-execute (in ~luser/.bashrc), the sftp connection fails saying
that "Received message too long 151605106".

Then, what I ask is: is there a way to manage a connection in a way
that I recognize when is it a sftp luser at host or a ssh at host, so I
execute the menu script only when ssh'ing?

Thanks in advance; I will try to do something with Subsystem option meanwhile...

--
Eduardo Costa Lisboa