the perfect box - harware

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 9 13:37:14 PST 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Brandon Peirce wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:45:45 +0000 (GMT) Ken Moffat wrote:
>
>> I measured the following consumptions a few months ago for my desktop
>> boxes:
>
> I'm looking for tips to make that kind of measurement.

  I use the easy approach - go to my nearest branch of Maplin (an
electronics/components store) and buy a plug-in device - fits into a
standard British 13A socket, provides a 13A socket for the appliance,
and an lcd for voltage/amps/frequency/watts.  One of the computer mags
picked up on these last year, they seem to be sufficiently accurate for
the purpose.  I don't know if there is anything similar for other common
plugs/sockets/voltages.

Ken