Quake tonight?

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Thu Sep 18 21:51:56 PDT 2003

Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
> That'd be trivially easy to do with mutt, the MUA that Rulez them All!!!

Yeah. I need to start using mutt again. Then, at least, I'd be able to
SSH home and check my mail while I'm at school.

Right now I'm being spoiled with pretty pictures by Thunderbird. I like
how the spam filtering works :)

> Or maybe you can limit each code line to ~70 chars? I always trim my
> code, I don't like lines to get too long.

The only problem I can see with the mutt solution is that line wrapping
is an editor setting, not a mutt setting.

What you'd need to find is a way to tell vim whether or not to line wrap
as a commandline option (I believe there's an option for specifying
arbitrary config options as command arguments, but I don't remember what
it is). From there, set up send-hooks so that your editor for mails to
linus is something like 'vim (don't wrap)' and then the default editor
for everybody else is 'vim (normal)'.