Administrative Request -- Please Reply

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 18 21:20:29 PDT 2003

Björn Lindberg wrote:
> [...]
> > O      <  25: Anderson Lizardo       >
> [...]
> This section however, consists of broken threads. The <>'s means that
> the message is not properly threaded in relation to its parent. As I
> understand it, Gnus primarily works with the references header, but
> falls back to using the subject line. So the broken messages will
> appear below the original message, but not correctly threaded in
> relation to its parent.

Okay, I can explain why, in particular, my e-mails aren't threading
correctly (and probably never will). I use some kind of
MUA-to-webinterface system to send my e-mails through Yahoo!. When I
answer to a message, it is sent as a new one, not as part of an
existing thread (in other words, it lacks some reference headers used
to identify the message position inside the thread).

Due to some problems with my ISP's SMTP server (it is often off-line and
doesn't accept other mail on the From: header than that it was designed
to - login at my_bad_isp.com :-/), I have to live with this interface
(that has no problem; Yahoo! Mail is fast and never lost my mails). So,
sorry guys. I can't resolve it from my end.

--
Anderson Lizardo