My monitor is dying

Richard Vodden richard at vodden.com
Sun Sep 7 02:58:25 PDT 2003

On top of that, most often TFT displays have a 25ms update time. If you
do the math, this works out as 40Hz (equivalent). OK, it doesn't flicker
in the way that a CRT does at that frequency, but 25ms is the kind of
delay you'll notice if playing games. You can (just) about get 16ms
update displays now, but even that is 62.5Hz which is a fairly poor
refresh rate.