IBM Thinkpad and synchronising email

Tony Sequeira tony at sequeira.com
Mon Sep 1 02:42:46 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I have inherited an old IBM thinkpad running Wun98.  I'm going to trash
Win and install Linux.

Any hints (URLs, howtos) especially as to how to get PC Card (PCMCIA)
recognition at boot time?

I would also like to use the same email client that I am using on my
desktop (Evolution (OK Dagmar, hands up, I came back to it!)).  I would
like to synchronise account, address and emails (in fact all user
details) between the desktop and the laptop.

At the moment, I have no idea how to.  Is LDAP (I know very little
about it) a feasible way forward?  I'm looking for clues here, any
ideas?

Cheers.

--
Tony