American vs British English foolishness (OT)

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 00:40:15 PDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:32:22 +0300
"Shane Shields" <locutus at all.at> wrote:

> "Richard A Downing FBCS" <geek109 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:20031006080859.7d53ce26.geek109 at yahoo.co.uk...
> > Anyone  sending  unwanted  advertising   e-mail
> > to this address will be charged $25 for network
> > traffic and computing time.   By  extracting my
> > address from  this  message or its  header, you
> > agree to these terms.
>
> I see your using the signature that I lifted off of someone
> else. If everyone used it I think that there would be less spam
> :^) Maybe you should change it to 25 pounds :)
> --
> Shane Shields

I don't want the fee to seem excessive.  Especially as almost all
spammers seem to be advertizing american goods and services.

On another point:  Is the spelling 'your' for 'you are' accepted
in modern American?  It really grates with me.  I expect
'you're' in this context, and use 'your' as the possessive
personal pronoun, e.g.: 'Your book'.  I'm not nit-picking, just
trying to understand.

--
Cheers, Richard

Richard A Downing FBCS