scripting expert ?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Fri Jul 25 08:10:37 PDT 2003

On Thu 24 Jul 2003 17:06, you wrote:
> johngay at eircom.net (John Gay) writes:
> > johngay at debian:/opt/hfs6$ source houdini_setup_bash
> > bash: [: !=: unary operator expected
>
> <snip>
>
> >     if [ $?prompt ]; then
> >         if [ $1 != "-q" ]; then
>
> Try changing the above line to
>
>           if [ "$1" != "-q" ]; then
>
> ie, surround the $1 with double quotes.
>
> >             echo "The Houdini ${HOUDINI_VERSION} environment has been
> > initialized."
> >         fi
> >     fi
> > fi
>
> Björn

This worked! Thanx. At least it now finishes. I wasn't able to use the other
suggestion of running bash -x {script} since I need to source this into my
profile rather than run it as a regular script.

Thanx to the help. At least now I can get on with trying my hand at Houdini
for animation.

Cheers,

	John Gay
--
"When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb."

 -- Steve Haflich (smh at Franz.COM)